A scarf is nice, but why not get your favorite skier or snowboarder something they really want. I’ve compiled my top 10 wish list. If I’ve missed anything, add what you’re wishing for in the comments.
1. A good pair of socks. Sport shops carry a wide variety of socks that help keep feet warm and dry and cushion in all the right places. Try the Thorlo XSKI high-performance ski socks that feature extra padding on the heals, toes and shins, or the Bridgedale Control Fit winter sports socks with Friction-free heel and ankle for easy boot entry.
2. Premium thermals. These aren’t you’re parents underwear. The new micro-fabrics keep you dry and warm without the bulk. Hot Chillys® peachskins give you the feeling of silk, and Marmot® Silver DriClime® Baselayer features BacteriaStat for Permanent Odor Control that won’t wash out.
3. A Camelbak water system. The lift-friendly Scorpion winter hydration pack holds 70 oz of water and features a media and essentials pocket.
4. Quality gloves. It’s no fun when your hands are cold. A good pair of Gore-tex gloves will keep their hands warm and dry. Removable liners are a plus.
6. Toko Express Wax Sachet. This wax impregnated towellette can be used on all types of skis and in all snow temperatures for a quick fix between hot waxing.
7. Revivex wash-in water repellent. Easy to use in your washing machine to create a waterproof coating on outerwear.
8. Gift certificate for a seasonal hot wax at a local sports shop.
9. Hand warmers. Cold fingers can ruin a otherwise perfect day on the slopes. These pocket-size disposable warmers always come in handy.
10. Antifog cleaner for glasses and goggles.